Prehistoric sceneries along a Stalactite River for you to explore
Included in your admission
Swim, float and submerge on underground rivers that nature has created under the Earth. Admire this ancient landscape and let go on an extraordinary experience. As you swim along this stalactite river, you’ll be astonished by a scenery of millions and millions of years in the making.
Natural formations of stalactite and stalagmites are a characteristic of the underground rivers in Cancun and Playa del Carmen thanks to the floor conditions of the Riviera Maya. Cave swimming in Playa del Carmen is a life changing experience.
At Xplor, you can become a spelunker and swim at your own pace in its cool waters while observing rock formations, caves, stalactites, and stalagmites. These natural wonders have taken thousands of years to form, so it is very important that we are careful and avoid touching them.
The water temperature is 75 °F (24 °C) and the river is 437 yd (400 m) long, with emergency exits every 109 yd (100 m) in case you don't want to continue and guide lines along the entire route. Bring out your explorer side and enjoy this unique experience only at Xplor!
Hours: 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Ages: 5 years of age or older (minimum height 3.3 ft or 1 m).
About the activity
- The minimum height to participate is 3.3 ft (1 m).
- The use of a helmet and life jacket is mandatory during all the activity.
- Avoid touching the stalactites, it damages them. Neither getting off the swimming canal to prevent accidents.
- The river’s temperature is 75.2° F (24° C). There are four exits before the ending point, in case you feel much cold.
- Activity not recommended for people with recent surgeries, back problems, high-blood pressure, claustrophobia, or pregnant women.
Get your admission in advance.
We have limited capacity, secure your place.