Amphibious Vehicles (ATVs)
A jungle tour through the Riviera Maya
Included in your admission
Xplor’s amphibious vehicles will take you through two different circuits of 3 miles (5 kilometers) each. Along the way you’ll find hanging bridges, narrow roads, flooded caverns and the spectacular views of the jungle.
On board of our John Deere amphibious vehicles you’ll be splashing all the way through the caverns, conquering steep slopes, twisting and turning through the nimble paths. All of which you’ll be able to do as many times as you want. Through this jungle tour, you’ll find an exciting adventure surrounded by nature.
Difference between ATV’s and Amphibious Vehicles
While amphibious vehicles are also a type of ATV (All-Terrain Vehicle) we’ll be separating the categories into the typical quad bikes, and our proper vehicles. ATV in Cancun and Playa del Carmen is a very popular activity. Exploring all terrains is fun and it’s a great way to get a taste of what a jungle tour is.
The main difference between an ATV and an amphibious vehicle lies in the capacity and capability. While an ATV is mainly a recreational vehicle, amphibious vehicles are ready for a full-on exploration. Engine and operation equipment are ready to go underwater and come back out without any issues. Besides, ATVs can usually only sit one person at a time, while amphibious vehicles have a capacity for up to two adults and two children.
As far as safety goes, roll bars, seats and proper maintenance keep our vehicles are always ready for adventure. Buckle up and get ready for this adventure!
• Two circuits of 3 miles (5 km) each.
• Some sections along the route might have deeper water levels. The vehicles’ tires help as an impulsive to cross, just as in dry land.
Hours: 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Ages: 5 years of age or older (minimum height 3.6 ft or 1.1 m).
About the activity
- The minimum height to participate is 3.6 ft (1.1 m).
- The use of a helmet and safety belt is mandatory. Only people 18 years of age and older can drive and it is mandatory to show a valid official I.D. as proof of age.
- The vehicle is for two adults and two children.
- Guests must drive with caution and stay inside the vehicle during the tour.
- Activity not recommended for people with recent surgeries, back problems, high-blood pressure or pregnant women.
Get your admission in advance.
We have limited capacity, secure your place.