A jungle tour through the Riviera Maya
Xplor’s amphibious vehicles will take you through two different circuits of 3 miles (5 kilometers) each. Along the way you’ll find hanging bridges, narrow roads, flooded caverns and the spectacular views of the jungle. On board of our John Deere amphibious vehicles you’ll be splashing all the way through the caverns, conquering steep slopes, twisting and turning through the nimble paths. All of which you’ll be able to do as many times as you want. Through this jungle tour, you’ll find an exciting adventure surrounded by nature.
Difference between ATV’s and Amphibious VehiclesWhile amphibious vehicles are also a type of ATV (All-Terrain Vehicle) we’ll be separating the categories into the typical quad bikes, and our proper vehicles. ATV in Cancun and Playa del Carmen is a very popular activity. Exploring all terrains is fun and it’s a great way to get a taste of what a jungle tour is. The main difference between an ATV and an amphibious vehicle lies in the capacity and capability. While an ATV is mainly a recreational vehicle, amphibious vehicles are ready for a full-on exploration. Engine and operation equipment are ready to go underwater and come back out without any issues. Besides, ATVs can usually only sit one person at a time, while amphibious vehicles have a capacity for up to two adults and two children. As far as safety goes, roll bars, seats and proper maintenance keep our vehicles are always ready for adventure.
Drivers must be at least 18 years old and show an official ID. Minors can enjoy the ride as passengers, which happens to be as much fun, since the factor of unpredictability is bound to cause some laughter in the bumpy road ahead.
- Two circuits of 3 miles (5 km) each.
- Only explorers 18 years and older can drive.
- Maximum capacity of the vehicle is 2 adults and 2 children.
- A valid I.D. must be presented to enjoy this activity.
- Equipment and safety elements: helmet and John Deere amphibious vehicles.
- Some sections along the route might have deeper water levels. The vehicles’ tires help as an impulsive to cross, just as in dry land.
- The minimum height to participate is 3.6 ft (1.10 m).